Hanover Public Library is monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19. Daily reports on the status of cases are available from Grey Bruce Public Health Homepage. See that here https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/ – situation reports now including locations.
Our organization will follow recommendations and guidance from The Grey Bruce Public Health Unit, The Town of Hanover, The Province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada during this ongoing situation.
Restarting Library Services
Curbside pick up of library material and membership services are now available. You can get a card, upgrade a digital card or renew an existing library card at a membership services appointment, and the drop box is open for returning material. See news https://hanoverlibrary.ca/news/restarting-library-services-curbside-pickup/
Other ways we can help:
- Keep people informed by providing accurate, up to date and reliable information resources (below)
- Entertain and educate people who are staying at home with our online book, magazine, audio and video resources
- We can issue digital memberships to Hanover residents so they can use our online resources. Learn how to get a digital library membership: https://hanoverlibrary.ca/loan-policies/membership/
- We can provide references services. Library staff will call back if you leave a phone message and will respond to emails during regular hours.
- Inform and encourage staff and the public to practice good hand washing and other ways to keep yourself safe
Library Response to COVID-19:
All in-person library services and programmes are cancelled. The library has been closed to the public as of March 13th in line with The Town of Hanover’s decision to suspend all non-essential municipal services and close the Civic Centre.
Our online services are still available. You can explore our online books, movies, music and more through https://hanoverlibrary.ca/e-resources/ All you need is your library card number.
If your library card expired before July this year, we extended memberships for you as a courtesy. For renewals from July on, please contact us to renew!
We will forgive all fines for 3 months mid-March to June that the library drop box was closed. Any items still outstanding can be renewed by request or returned through the drop box.
This page will be updated throughout this developing situation.
Remember, do your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often and well.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wear a mask in public places.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and equipment.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling unwell.
- You must self-isolate for 14 days when you return from travelling.
The following are trusted resources to keep yourself informed and find supports for yourself, family and friends during COVID-19.
Local Businesses and Services
Businesses adapting to serve Hanover bit.ly/InThisTogetherHanover
Grey County businesses & services map
Ontario – essential workplaces and business restrictions https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces
Help for seniors and vulnerable people to get meals or essentials delivered https://www.ontariocommunitysupport.ca/
The Do connects people who need assistance with people wanting to volunteer http://www.thedo.ca/
Mental Health Resources
Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support https://ca.portal.gs/
Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic http://www.camh.ca/covid19
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit
COVID-19 health line 1-800-263-3456 ext. 3000
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit Web page https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit COVID-19 Information Page https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/COVID-19
Face masks required in indoor locations after July 17 https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/About-Us/MOH-Class-Orders
FAQ for wearing masks and face coverings https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/Portals/0/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/COVID19/FAQ%20for%20Mandatory%20Masks%20and%20Face%20Coverings.pdf?ver=2020-07-14-152223-687
Outbreaks in hospitals and seniors homes https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/Your-Health/Infectious-Diseases/Outbreaks
Talking to Kids about COVID-19
Province of Ontario
Ontario Telehealth Phone number 1-866-797-0000
Government of Ontario enacts a declaration of emergency to protect the public https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/3/ontario-enacts-declaration-of-emergency-to-protect-the-public.html
Status of cases in Ontario, affected areas, symptoms, testing and advice https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
Coronavirus information in other languages
Government of Canada
Current national outbreak updates, risk information and other resources
World Health Organization
Hand Hygiene tips
The best way to protect yourself and others, with video
Further research & reading
Know the risks of COVID and how to avoid them https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them