Hanover Public Library is monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19. Daily reports on the status of cases are available from Grey Bruce Public Health Homepage. See that here https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/
Our organization will follow recommendations and guidance from The Grey Bruce Public Health Unit, The Town of Hanover, The Province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada during this ongoing situation.
Restarting Library Services
All in-person library services and programmes are cancelled. The library will be closed to the public effective Dec. 29 for the province wide shutdown. Curbside service will remain available.
Curbside pick up of library material and membership services are available. You can get a card, upgrade a digital card or renew an existing library card at a membership services appointment, and the drop box is open for returning material. See news https://hanoverlibrary.ca/news/restarting-library-services-curbside-pickup/
Other ways we can help:
- Keep people informed by providing accurate, up to date and reliable information resources (below)
- Entertain and educate people who are staying at home with our online book, magazine, audio and video resources
- We can issue digital memberships to Hanover residents so they can use our online resources. Learn how to get a digital library membership: https://hanoverlibrary.ca/loan-policies/membership/
- We can provide references services. Library staff will answer phone calls and emails during business hours. Staff will return all calls and emails.
- Inform and encourage staff and the public to practice good hand washing and other ways to keep yourself safe
Library Response to COVID-19:
All in-person library services and programmes are cancelled. The library will be closed to the public effective Dec. 29 for the province wide shutdown. Curbside service will be available.
Our online services are always available. You can explore our ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and more through https://hanoverlibrary.ca/e-resources/ All you need is your library card number.
This page will be updated throughout this developing situation.
Remember, do your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often and well.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wear a mask in public places.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and equipment.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling unwell.
- You must self-isolate for 14 days when you return from travelling.
The following are trusted resources to keep yourself informed and find supports for yourself, family and friends during COVID-19.
Local Businesses and Services
Businesses adapting to serve Hanover bit.ly/InThisTogetherHanover
Grey County businesses & services map
Ontario – essential workplaces and business restrictions https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces
Help for seniors and vulnerable people to get meals or essentials delivered https://www.ontariocommunitysupport.ca/
The Do connects people who need assistance with people wanting to volunteer http://www.thedo.ca/
Mental Health Resources
Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support https://ca.portal.gs/
Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic http://www.camh.ca/covid19
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit
COVID-19 health line 1-800-263-3456 ext. 3000
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit Web page https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/
Grey Bruce Public Health Unit COVID-19 Information Page https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/COVID-19
Face masks required in indoor locations https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/About-Us/MOH-Class-Orders
Outbreaks in hospitals and seniors homes https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/Your-Health/Infectious-Diseases/Outbreaks
Talking to Kids about COVID-19
Province of Ontario
Ontario Telehealth Phone number 1-866-797-0000
Status of cases in Ontario, affected areas, symptoms, testing and advice https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
Detailed case data for Ontario. Graphs and tables of COVID-19 data by status, location, infection source, age, gender, hospitalizations and number of tests. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data
Coronavirus information in other languages
Government of Canada
Current national outbreak updates, risk information and other resources
World Health Organization
Hand Hygiene tips
The best way to protect yourself and others, with video
Further research & reading
Know the risks of COVID and how to avoid them https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them