Curbside Pickup is fast and easy!
- Fast grab and go service
- Materials are already checked out to you
- For library items and more: Get proof of vaccination certificates, bag tags, municipal council meeting packages, remote printing pick up
- Appointments are required
How it Works
- Request items using the library’s online Koha catalogue or by email or by phone 519-364-1420.
- Don’t have an online account set up? Call or email us to help you.
- See instructions on How to place holds on Koha
Not sure what to request? Ask us for a GRAB BAG. Let us know by phone or email what you want, for example 3 Western novels, books on Lawn Care and Growing Annuals, 7 movies on DVD, or 5 Picture Books and we’ll pick a selection for you.
Pickup is by appointment only.
Pickup times will be arranged in advance by library staff (call us) or through the online booking system Appointlet.
How to make a pick up appointment with the online booking system Appointlet
- When you receive your e-mail notification that an item you had placed on hold is ready for pick-up, there will be a link to the library’s Appointlet system. Click on the link.
- Enter your name and e-mail address. Select a time you wish to pick up.
- Appointlet confirms time with you, and offer options to add to several online calendars (this is not required).
- You will receive a confirmation email with your chosen time slot. If you need to reschedule or cancel, the confirmation e-mail has a link so you can do that easily.
- Your confirmation email will also give you instructions for curbside pickup.
People who are staying safe at home can send a friend to collect their items.
Curbside Pickup Process
At the appointed pick-up time, physical distancing measures must be complied with. Staff will be wearing gloves, masks and other protective gear for everyone’s safety.
Please arrive on time. Pick up will take place outdoors on the east (Clock Tower) side of the building.
If driving, remain in your vehicle, and open trunk or a rear window away from the people inside. Staff will bring your materials, marked with your name. Nod to confirm that is your parcel. Staff will place it in your vehicle.
If you are walking, cycling, or using other means to travel to the library, please wait by curbside pickup sign. Your items will be placed on a table with your name showing, then staff will return to the building. Once staff are inside the building, you may pick up your package from the table.
Maintain at least 6′ (2m) distance from others, and we request that you wear a face covering.
Returning borrowed items
Use the library drop box beside the West (10th Avenue) entrance. No returns will be accepted at the pick up appointment.
COVID-19 Precautions and Disclaimer
- The COVID-19 virus can survive up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel. As books cannot be effectively cleaned and disinfected at home, it may be wise to store books for a minimum of 24 hours before handling them.
- Patrons who are immune compromised or otherwise susceptible to COVID-19 infection should not take out items from the library.
- Patrons should wash hands before and after handling books and other items, avoid touching their faces while reading and avoid sneezing or coughing onto the page while reading.
- Staff handling items to go out to members will wear masks and gloves.