We are looking for new individuals to join our library board. As a trustee with the Hanover Public Library Board, you will become an advocate for our library and actively support and promote our library as a vital community hub and resource in the digital era. Read more about being a Library Board trustee in our Trustee-recruitment-letter
What Does the Library Board Do?
- Ensure delivery of programs and services that serve the needs of our diverse community
- Evaluate the performance of the library within the community and adjust its goals and objectives where needs are not being me
- Develop a Strategic Plan to establish long term goals and objectives for the library system
- Present a budget to the Municipal Council that reflects the library’s Strategic Plan and identified community needs
- Ensure excellent management of the library on behalf of the community within the budget approved by the municipality
Who Can be a Library Board Member?
As required by The Public Libraries Act,
Be a Canadian Citizen
Be over 18 years of age
Be a resident of the municipality (live in Hanover)
Not work for the library or the municipality
What qualities should a Library Board Member have?
- Interested in making a difference in the future success of your community
- Prepared to represent the interests, concerns, and attitudes of your community
- Open to learning about library programs and services that inform and enrich your community
- Available to attend board and committee meetings and to come prepared to contribute
- Willing to become more aware of the bigger picture by learning about public library issues
How Do I apply?
Apply online using the fillable form on the Town of Hanover website,
Pick up an application form in person at the Civic Centre Administration Office,
Please submit your application to Marilyn Zettler, Administrative Assistant, Town of Hanover
Application Deadline: November 30th
Appointments will be approved by Council by December 17th
Who Do I Contact for More Information?
You can contact Hanover Public Library CEO/Chief Librarian Agnes Rivers-Moore
- in person at the library
- by phone 519.364.1420 ext. 1244
- by email email@example.com
Or you can contact any current member of the Library Board