Discover your past at The Hanover Library!
- Ancestry Library Edition available on library computers
- Burial records – the library has a searchable record of graves and urns at Hanover Cemetery.
- Collection of local history books
- Historical Map of The Village of Adamstown (Later known as Town of Hanover)
- Grey and Bruce County Census records (1851-1901)
- Local church records
- Hanover Post Archive (on microfilm)
- Obituary index – an index to obituaries and memorials published in the Hanover Post (now called The Post) from 1897 to 1953
The Obituary Index is the work of volunteers and staff including Bill Williams, Bill vanKeuren, Joan Reid, Joan Weiler, Josiane Hyatt, Theresa Seim, Lauren Butchart, Valli Arumugam, and others. It is available in the library, or online. Use the request form to ask for a copy of the original obituary from our archives.
A fabulous resource for anyone doing genealogical or historical research. ALE offers 200+ billion images in 7,000 unique databases from North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and other international collections. Records include census data, vital records, directories, photos and more with some information dating back to the early 13th century. Accessible only from within the library.
Fees for research and printing
- The first 30 minutes of research are free.
- Each half hour after that is charged at $5 per half hour.
- Printing from microfilm is charged at 25 cents/page
- 5 or more pages are 20 cents/page