Place your own Inter-Library Loan Requests
To place your own Inter-Library Loan requests you will need to create an Inter-library Loan account with the Hanover Public Library. To register by e-mail, contact email@example.com with your name and library card number. You may also call (519) 364-1420 or visit the library in person. After you have registered with the library and gotten your sign-in information you are ready to place your own Inter-Library Loan requests.
Terms and Conditions for Patron-Initiated Inter-Library Loan
1. Patrons must check our library catalogue to ensure we do not own the book before requesting an inter-library loan.
2. New books published within the last three months are not available by inter-library loan.
3. The request process can take anywhere from a 2-6 weeks.
4. Patrons are restricted to 5 requests per calendar month.
5. Loan periods for items is typically four weeks. Renewals can be requested. If you need a renewal please contact the Hanover Library three (3) business days prior to the due date.
6. Overdue fines for inter-library loans are $1.00 a day per item.
7. Self-serve interlibrary loan is for books only. If you wish to borrow audiobooks or DVDs, requests must be completed by Library staff.
8. Some libraries charge to lend their materials. We will contact you for approval before proceeding with the loan.
9. Return your material on time. Loss of borrowing privileges will result if a patron is consistently late returning inter-library loan material.
10. Borrowers are responsible for replacement cost of lost or damaged items. The lending library will determine damage or replacement charges.
Go to the INFO link
Click Sign In
Enter your User I.D. (assigned by the Hanover Public Library)
Enter your User Password (assigned by the Hanover Public Library)
Select location: Hanover Public Library
Select Standard or Advanced search
For your initial search profile, select SOLS Bruce/Wellington/Peel
Enter keywords and select Go
Click Details to find the item you want
Look for an ISBN in the record to speed your request
Click Get It
Add special instructions in the title field if necessary
4. Sign Out
The Library will notify you when:
- Your item is ready for pick-up
- Additional information is necessary to complete the request
- There are service charges for which approval is needed
- The request has been cancelled or an item is unavailable
Cancelling or Renewing a Request
Requests cannot be cancelled or renewed by the patron online. Please contact the Hanover Public Library (519) 364-1420.
View the comprehensive user guide